Ochalea - 8 miles per hex

This wasn't originally going to be the next map I put out there, but as I'm (very) slowly reworking the Isle of Dawn, I thought I would finalize this.

As I have mentioned before, the Isle of Dawn is re-scaled from the original. This allows it to fit correctly in the space on the map from the Master's book, without pushing the surrounding islands into other landmasses.  However, this also means that a decision needed to be made about scaling and positioning of Ochalea (and also the Alatian and Pearl Islands).  After a lot a of messing around, I decided to work with not re-scaling these but adjusting the positions of the island groups relative to each other.

Ochalea itself is based on work by Thorfinn Tait, James Mishler, John Calvin, Giampaolo Agosta.

The southern areas of the Isle of Dawn are based on work by Thoirfinn Tait, Simone Neri, Ignacio Ramos, Thibault Sarlat.




Also, for those that are interested, I've added a scaled down version of where my recent mapping progress has reached. This is based on a map that Thorfinn Tait kindly created, which overlays the Master's Map with a 24 mile hex grid.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Empire of Thonia

Myskatyr Island - Style test

Alphatia - 8 miles per hex